“Those 4 years in debate were the educational foundation of everything I did. And I don’t mean that in some simple form…I’m saying the finest education I got from any of the institutions I attended, the foundation of my mind that I got during those 4 years of competitive policy debate; that is, 90% of the intellectual capacity that I operate with today–Fordham [University] for college, Fordham for the Ph.D., Harvard for law school–all of that is the other 10%.” — John Sexton, President of NYU
Welcome to the SVHS Speech & Debate Program!
PARENTS: looking for detailed tournament info? Click on the Calendar page!
We are looking forward to another great year with the Speech and Debate team. SV is currently ranked by the National Speech & Debate Association in the top 5% of all programs across the country!
Want to know more about debate?
The team policy debate topic is the same all year, which allows us to delve deeply in the nuances of the subject. The 2015-16 topic is about ________________________
Ready to join?
SVHS has a long and successful tradition of speech and debate. Do you want to be a part of it? Have questions? Interested in joining the speech and debate team? Come Mr. Woodhead in Room 17 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.