Junior year is a critical year for grades, activities, college researching and testing. By the end of the year, juniors should have their resume and game plan completed on Naviance Family Connection, and have a good idea of the colleges they are interested in, have visited schools and have taken their first SAT and/or ACT tests.
- Update your Game Plan, Resume on Naviance Family Connection.
- Explore your career interests and skills on the Career Exploration page on Family Connection
- Research colleges on Naviance, Collegeboard and college websites, talk to friends, family
members, teachers and St. Vincent alumni who attend college.
- Meet with college representatives who visit SVHS.
- Develop a list of colleges that you have researched and interest you and list them on “Colleges
I’m thinking about” on Naviance Family Connection.
- Take the PSAT offered at SVHS on Wednesday, October 14.
- Attend Junior/Parent College Night in November.
- Study very hard and keep up your grades in all courses. Improve study skills; identify school here
to assist you.
- Begin keeping notes about events or experiences that have had an impact on you. These can
become the basis for your college personal statements.
- Retake any classes where a D or F was earned in a core class.
- Continue to participate in extracurricular activities, clubs or other organizations during the year.