To make the opportunity of a St. Vincent’s education possible for more families, 46% of our current students receive some form of financial assistance. Scholarships can provide a meaningful component to your overall financial aid.
The St. Vincent de Paul High School Tuition Scholarships Application is now open for the 2020-2021 school year. The deadline for completed scholarship applications is January 24, 2020.
Tuition Scholarships Application
Click on each link below to access each portion of the scholarship application. The application is in a fill-in and print out format. Please view this document in a Google Chrome browser, or use Adobe Acrobat Reader. This document contains editable elements that are not functional on all browsers and programs. The top right side of the document may indicate “open with a different viewer”. Then click to proceed.
A completed package for Incoming Freshmen & current 9th, 10th, & 11th grade SVHS student Scholarship Application includes:
Scholarship Descriptions & Instructions – Explains each scholarship which is available, eligibility and specific instructions to apply.
General Scholarship Application – Please include one copy of this completed form due with each package.
Scholarship Response Page – One page for each scholarship essay response. Click on the far right side of the light blue bar under the “Scholarship Name” section. A drop-down menu will appear where you will select the appropriate scholarship for this essay. (Students may apply to more than one scholarship as long as they meet the requirements listed.)
Please deliver or send completed scholarship packages by January 24, 2020 to SVHS, c/o Mrs. Alison Falvey, 849 Keokuk Street, Petaluma, CA 94952.
Please note: Emailed, partial, or late applications will not be considered. A postmark of January 24, 2020, will be accepted.
The Vincentian Scholar Award is awarded to incoming freshmen who have achieved and maintained a GPA of 4.0 in all disciplines during his or her 7th and 8th grade year and has met all the requirements of the award. As the patron saint of our school, St. Vincent de Paul exhibited humility, faith, kindness, intellect and respect for those less fortunate. His humbleness and devotion to his faith are qualities we also look for in a Vincentian Scholar.
● Scholar achieved all A’s (4.0) during scholar’s 7th and 8th grade academic years.
● Placed in the top 10% of the high school placement test no later than January 11, 2020.
● Scholar applied to St. Vincent de Paul High School no later than December 7, 2019.
● Eligible scholars will be notified of eligibility by the Admissions Office by February 14, 2020.
● Required to submit the following parts of the application by 5:00 p.m. February 28, 2020.
- Essays to multiple questions.
- A letter of recommendation from their principal, priest (or other religious leader), or a leading member of their local community who is familiar with the applicant.
- Based on essays and letter of recommendation, the Vincentian Committee will select applicants and their families to participate in Vincentian interviews in early March. Applicants will be required to wear business attire for the interview.
Scholar applicants will be notified of the results on March 20, 2020. Scholars and parents will sign an agreement detailing the requirements of the award. The benefits include one-half tuition for all four years, including class registration priority and college counseling beginning in freshman year. Scholars enjoy membership in the Alumni Professional Mentor Group and are eligible for field trips to a wide range of businesses including healthcare, law, finance, environmental planning, and professional sports management.
Maintenance of Award
A Vincentian Scholar must maintain a weighted cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher during his/her four years of attendance at St. Vincent de Paul High School. If a scholar falls below a GPA of 3.5, the scholar risks loss of the award. Vincentian Scholars must complete 50 hours of community service per year and maintain a flawless discipline record. We have high expectations of our Vincentian Scholars. The award may be rescinded for violations of any Student Handbook policies including excessive tardiness or absences.
For assistance regarding a Vincentian Scholarship. please contact: